Residential Proceedings

  1. Residential Proceedings

The law in this field is very specialised and is constantly changing Where there are more complex issues surrounding children, it may be that the Local Authority become involved with the family.

Local Authorities have a duty to safeguard vulnerable children; and when Social Services are concerned about a family, they may become involved, and may call a Child Protection Conference or a Pre-Proceedings meeting. They may issue court proceedings for a Care Order (Care Proceedings) or in some urgent cases for an Emergency Protection Order.

These situations can be very upsetting, traumatic and difficult to resolve, especially if you face the possibility or the reality of your children being removed from your care.

You need to contact us immediately if this situation arises. We will work with you with care and sensitivity, liaise with Social Services and provide you with strong and experienced representation, to make sure that you are treated fairly and that your voice is heard.