1. Injunction

If you have suffered domestic violence you can apply to the courts for an order 

This court order is known as an injunction and it often stipulates the obligations or restrictions on a party.

A victim of domestic violence can apply for either:

  • A non-molestation order
  • An occupation order

A non-molestation order stops your partner or ex-partner from intimidating you or your children, threating or using violence, or otherwise harassing you or your children.

An occupation order defines who can and cannot live with you and can restrict your partner or ex-partner from coming near your home.

 Both orders can have a power of arrest attached to them.